Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Windy Hill Ultra Series 9.5.10


After a what seems like a long summer break, Windy Hill is back in action with a District 29 Ultra Series race event. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anytime there is a race or practice on the schedule for this track, I try my hardest to be out there. I don't know what it is but there is just something in the atmosphere at Windy Hill. Maybe it's because the track is located out in the peaceful country lands of Ellerbe NC or maybe it's because I can visit with old friends while I'm in town. Either way, I always have a great time when I'm there.


On to the racing!

Photo by Shonda Wallace
Perfect timing! Time enough to get my bright orange vest, time to talk with a good friend and time enough to get my photo gear ready. Practice was about a lap from being finished and the 1st class of the morning was already at the starting gate.

For the first motos, I decided to give my video camera a shot. I been itching to put some mx footage together but with other engagements already book, I really haven't had a chance to shoot any video. So this was a great opportunity to strut my stuff.

For the second motos, I decided to give my new Canon camera a chance to show me what it had. And I gotta say. I'm grateful to own these two cameras. Now that I have a good batch of photos, I am going to start focusing a little more on video. I think it's always great to see a good shot of someone blowing out a berm or throwing a whip in the air but it's even better when it's on video.

Joe Ussery watching over the race
Just before I was about to head out for the day, I noticed Joe Ussery ( owner of Windy Hill ) standing by and wanted to thank him for having me out. As always, Joe was extremely nice and even thanked me for coming out and shooting. I tell you what - now matter where you go or what you do in life, a good personality goes a really, long ways. And that's something Joe has perfected!




If you didn't make it to this Labor Day weekend racing event, then you definitely missed out on some good racing.

For more information on there schedule of events visit http://www.windyhillsportsmx.com/ 

Tyler Bright was here... and on the gas! This guys rips!

Mini Dads always make their presence when their riders are out.
And if something does happen, Ellerbe Rescue is always there to help.

No comments: