Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Center Rd 6.13.10

We've been anxiously waiting for the chance to get back out to Center Rd MX for some photos. On Sunday June 13th, we got our chance, albeit with a slight twist.

First of all, I must say that Center Rd is at the top of my list of tracks that I love. It's a combination of several things that make Center Rd a delight. I've been going to this track for several years now and I've never seen a time when Sandy or whoever has the sign in sheet, isn't smiling. It's almost like she is more excited about you being there to ride, than you are, about riding!

In addition to their great personalities, a concession stand is available for your raging sweet tooth or if you just need more water. Most importantly, they've always, and I mean always... had flaggers out on the track to help out during practice days. Now tell me these guys aren't committed! Who else does this on practice days! I've spoken with Sandy several times and it's very evident that they are passionate about motocross.

Next is the track layout. If you like big jumps, they have em! If you like super fast sections, they have em! If you like technical sections, they have em! You get the idea right? It's just an all around, great place to ride. I always have a blast when I'm there.

There is one more thing I have to mention about Center Rd. It's the condition of the track. Out of all the years I've been going to this place, only once; the track wasn't watered. And that was due to a mechanical issue with their irrigation system. All other times, the track was just as good at 4 pm as it was when the gates open.




Just one more reason that lets you know. Center Rd is serious about motocross.









Remember that twist I mentioned earlier. Shortly after 3pm, a massive thunderstorm swept through and anyone who had a pop-up awning set up to shield off the sun were holding onto the rails so the wind wouldn't blow it away. Thank goodness I made it back to my truck before the bottom decided to fall out of the sky! This shot was taken after the rain slacked off. Any amount of time out in this storm with no cover meant you were soaked from head to toe!

No comments: